I was gonna wait until I had done all the “whether or not” things so I could type a triumphant “I teach six college courses and I still did all this, so you can too!” post, but I’m running out of November here. I haven’t done all those things, but I’ve done the main thing, so I challenge my readers anyway:
–To publicly stand up and state your feelings in a post on your blog this month about Adoptee Rights and to challenge your readers to do the same and then talk about it and don’t stop talking about it.
I did this part, so YOU! Yes, you! Behind the bikesheds! If you’re not blogging already, then Pikachu, I challenge YOU!
Whether or not (and feel free to add why)…
1. you support Adult Adoptees right to their original birth certificate.
2. you support retroactively restoring this right to all Adult Adoptees.
3. you have written a letter to the National Counsel For Adoption stating your support for Adoptee Rights activism and urging them to change their position.
(Er, I should definitely do that.)
4. you have told your state representatives you support Adoptee Rights.
(I hope I never claimed to be an activist, cause I suck at the active part.)
5. you are aware of any current pending legislation that will restore the right to Adult Adoptees to their Original Birth Certificate in YOUR state.
(Now that’s just plain depressing. Who in NC would I–oh!)
Adoptee Rights Coalition November post with a link to your representative.
So how about you, Bastard Readers? How many challenge components have you completed? And I don’t wanna hear any complaints–you have two whole days. 😉